- 9 Ads Empowering Women and Breaking Stereotypes from oneupweb. Ad campaigns from 9 different companies that try to break the mold of our perception of women and young girls. Some of them made me teary-eyed. All moved me in some way.
- PepsiCo CEO Indra Nooyi recently said that women can’t have it all. Tech.co compiled responses to Indra’s comment from 15 female executives.
- Made With Code is Google’s initiative to get girls to learn how to code. It’s pretty amazing.
- 27 Mean Girls Quotes Used In Harry Potter Scenes… “If you’re the Dark Lord, why are you white?”
- I’ve been following Sarah Von Burgen of Yes and Yes for quite some time. Not only am I a huge fan of hers, but I’m a huge fan of her killer new site design.
- Since I’m a newbie freelancer, I’ve been researching ways to drum up local business. How to find clients & market your freelance business – The Ultimate Guide has some pretty awesome tips!
- I just started listening to Natalie Sisson’s podcast, The Suitcase Entrepreneur Podcast. She’s a modern day working nomad, and I envy her lifestyle, dawg. The podcast just celebrated it’s 100th episode, What Does Freedom in Business and Adventure in Life Mean to You?
SONG OF THE WEEK:
Thunder Clatter | Wild Cub. This song is so damn infectious – I kick it up to an obnoxious volume every time it comes on the radio.
CSS for Web Designers
Learn more about my upcoming CSS for Web Designers course, and get useful tools + tutorials to make you a better web designer.