Here’s what I’ve been reading/listening to this past week!
- Becky Kinkead of DIYDesign.org is great at design, and great at teaching it too. I signed up for her free 5 Day Graphic Design Crash Course and learned a ton of helpful tips for my site (and design in general) in her 5-ish minute videos.
- Are you aiming to have a wait list of clients? Do you dream of the day when you can say, “I’m booked for the next three months”? Then check out Anna Long’s post, 4 Wait List Worthy Business Tips, over at her Electric Empire blog.
- The guys at The Fizzle Show podcast describe themselves as “a podcast for creative entrepreneurs and honest business builders.” They’re entertaining and informative, and their latest episode, The Multiple Hats of the Solopreneur, is a great listen.
- Amy Harrison’s How to Write a Sales Page Tutorial is so in-depth and amazing for those who struggle with copywriting. Even if you have solid copywriting, it offers up a ton of great questions to get you thinking about who your audience is and what they struggle with.
- “How do I know how much to pay myself?” Super important question with super helpful tips, over at Heather Thorkelson’s Republic of Freedom blog.
- In a perfect world, we’d be able to hit pause when our lives got too crazy. But it’s not that easy (and we like a challenge anyway, right?). XOSarah lists 7 Ways to Stay in the Game When Big Changes are Happening.
- This last link is for social media inspiration. IKEA built a website on Instagram to market their products in a new format. I love the amazing things that can happen when you think outside the box for social media!
SONG OF THE WEEK:
Waves | Sleeper Agent. This vid is way different than I expected! Love the song, though.
CSS for Web Designers
Learn more about my upcoming CSS for Web Designers course, and get useful tools + tutorials to make you a better web designer.